my books

Lexie's books

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
The Hunger Games
Twilight
The Fault in Our Stars
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Looking for Alaska
Matched
The Outsiders
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Paper Towns
The Great Gatsby
The Hobbit
Fahrenheit 451
When You Reach Me
The Giver
Before I Fall
Heist Society
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Beastly
Uglies


Lexie's favorite books »

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Perks of a Wallflower, movie or book?

Recently I finshed reading the book Perks of a Wallflower, so I decided to go and watch the movie.

 
I really loved reading the book because I can imagine how the characters look and theres more to think about than in a movie. But I also loved the movie because the acting is exellent. In the very end of Perks of a Wallflower, before Sam leaves for collage (spoiler) Sam and Charlie kiss. Then they talk about how Sam wants to be with someone who likes her for the real Sam and how Charlie, even though is trying to be a good friend doesn't always make the best choices. In the movie I found the scene confusing because they cut a lot of the important lines out of the movie. I definitely loved the book and the movie but I like the book better than the movie. I liked the book better because Charlie is a really complex character and so are all of his friends and his family and in a two hour movie they couldn't include all of the important details that they included in a two hundred page book.

2 comments:

  1. I was debating if I should read the book even though I've already seen the movie and your post influenced me to want to read the book.. loved your comparison of the two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Perks of Being a Wallflower! Reading your blog gave me an understanding of what it's about. I think the outline of the story is great because by the sounds of it, teenagers can relate easily,

    ReplyDelete